Fish for the Future – Derby
Passing along info regarding fund raising coho derby in Tofino. Sounds like a lot of fun and supports a great cause.
Name: Fish For The Future
Date: Sept 22-24, 2017
· 100% of proceeds raised is going direct drive into the Clayoquot Watershed.
· Funds raised will be going to the Tofino Hatchery and specifically to:
- Tranquil Creek for brood stock collection, feed, and release of 50,000 chinook. DFO is to cover the float counts in the river.
- Kootowis Creek for brood stock collection, feed, and release of 30,000-40,000 Coho. This system has the school program “Salmon in the Classroom” on it.
- Clayoquot Sound Wild Salmon Fund established by the Salmon Round Table with the purpose and mandate to engage traditional leadership, government and stakeholders in a collaborative process that helps to build partnerships to develop the best possible plan for recovery and sustainable management of Clayoquot Sound’s wild salmon stocks. The Roundtable aims to identify factors limiting the productivity, escapement and reproductive success of wild salmon, develop strategies and recommendations; and identify action areas and prioritize projects accordingly.
§ The Roundtable’s focus is on all Pacific salmonids, with a particular interest in stocks of conservation concern and of economic, cultural and social importance. Priority watersheds are tributaries to Clayoquot Sound.
Friday, September 22
- Registration all day at the TRM Adventure Centre
- 7pm – close at The Hatch @ Tofino Resort + Marina
- Live Music
- Specials and prizes given out all night for participants
Saturday, September 23
- Complimentary hot breakfast at 1909 Kitchen at Tofino Resort + Marina for all registered participants from 6:30-8:00am
- Tournament 8am-5pm
- Food included for all registered participants in the Upper Hatch @ Tofino Resort + Marina from 6:30pm on
- TRM, TFN, Tofino Hatchery and Salmon Roundtable will make remarks to participants
- Live music
Sunday, September 24
- Hot breakfast included for registered participants at 1909 Kitchen at Tofino Resort + from 6:30am-8:00am
- Tournament 8am-2pm
- 2:30pm awards presentation at Upper Hatch to award prizes, closing remarks, etc.
- Trip for 4 to Vancouver to watch Dallas Stars and Vancouver Canucks. Includes: Flights, Hotel, Tickets, + passes to morning skate and meet and greet with Dan Hamhuis
- Heli-fishing trip for the day for 3 guests + dinner at 1909 Kitchen
- Stay & Play- 2 night stay at TRM, Dinner ($200) at 1909 or the Hatch, Choice of Adventure Tour for 2 (whales, bears or hot springs)
Many other prizes to be won throughout the weekend. Including:
- Yeti Ramblers
- Rods and Reels
- Anian Shirts and Hats
- XtraTuff Boots
- 50/50 draws